Tuesday 6 August 2013

The Art of Fortune-telling

All my encounters with would-be/full-fledged fortune tellers have led to utter confusion. Each prediction, regarding my future was so contradictory that I wondered whether I am really alive or not. So, among these whack-fortune-tellers, one told me that I'll live for a 100 years (my god!); another told me I'll die early in some accident; some other told me that I'll get married for four times; but soon enough another contradicted him and said that I'll be a one-man-woman (erm...) and on top of that I'll elope with someone! The last one seems quite bleak considering the history of my past relationships. Nevertheless, I am not too sure about any of them. And I will tell you why I don't believe in any of them, because every time after predicting my future they added, 'But you know what? The lines in your hand are not clear yet. So we can't be sure..." That's why I call them "whacks". 
This reminds me, I am a much better fortune (future) teller than them! For example, one night I dreamed that our neighbor has bought a puppy. The next day he actually went and bought a pet! Won't you call this brilliant! Although it was a kitten, we can discard that minor problem considering my bias for dogs. Actually this super-'vision'ary quality runs in my blood. My great-great-granny, I heard, could predict the daily weather. After watching Natsume Youjinchou I believe in it all the more. In that animation, Natsume inherited his ability of seeing 'youkai' (ghosts) from his grandmother, Reiko. So it's only natural that the same thing might have happened to me (so nice!).

4 comments:

  1. It could jut be plain coincidence but whatever you believe in keep believing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anonymous! Wish you all the best too!!

      Delete
  2. Peeping into future is dousing the fire of curiosity. The more uncertain you are about future, the more exciting the life would be; the more imaginative and creative you would be. There is nothing as astounding as mystery. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here comes the true writer! thanks!! ;) :D

      Delete